In the beginning …
In April 2007, members of the OIT/ASTS Council suggested creating an event to bring Duke’s IT professionals together to share ideas and experiences, learn from each other and celebrate accomplishments — perhaps recurring in future years and growing to include participation by IT staff from other universities. The idea was approved, funds were allocated, and the project that would become Tech Expo 2007 shot forward at light speed.
Past directors include William (Bill) Hansley of DHTS in 2009, Wayne Miller with the Law School in 2008 and Susan Gerbeth-Jones with the Nicholas School of the Environment in 2007.
If you are interested in volunteering with a committee, you should directly contact one the appropriate committee chair, listed below. We’ll also be including a call for volunteers in the conference registration, scheduled to debut on March 17, 2015.
- Allen Coleman (Duke Medicine — DHTS)
- David Tremmel (Duke University — Trinity Technology Services)
- Ryan Nobles (Duke Medicine – DHTS)
- Jack D’Ardenne (Duke University — Academic Services and Research Computing)
- Steve O’Donnell (Duke Medicine – DHTS)
- Kyle Skrinak (TTS)
- Julie Grundy (OIT)
- Chuck Rodgers – (Duke Medicine – Graduate Medical Education)
- Matt Royal (OIT)
Vendors & Logistics:
- Sabrina Carr (TTS)
- Carol Reaves – (Duke Medicine – DHTS)
- Lisa Smith (Duke Medicine – DHTS)
- Christine Vucinich (OIT)